December 6, 2016 (to be held the day after SOCMA's 95th Annual Dinner)
11:30 AM - 2:30 PM
New York Metropolitan Club
New York, NY
Inspiring leadership has been a hallmark of the Chemical Marketing and Economic Group (CME) of ACS NY since its founding in 1954. Established in 2012, the Leadership Awards are the highest honors given by CME to leaders of industry, investments and other sectors for their contributions to science, technology, engineering and mathematics initiatives.
The 2016 CME ACS Leadership Awards will honor the leaders of NASA, Honeywell, Solvay and Access Industries. The lineup of honorees includes:
- Lifetime Achievement: David Cote, Chairman and CEO of Honeywell and Director to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Extraordinary Innovation: Jean-Pierre Clamadieu, CEO of Solvay and President of the European Chemical Industry Council.
- Historic Industrial Investment: Len Blavatnik, Access Industries Founder and Chairman, American philanthropist, Investor in LyondellBasell, UC RUSAL and Warner Music Group.
- Science Involvement: Major General Charles Bolden, NASA Administrator, Former Astronaut and Deputy Commanding General of the U.S. Forces in Japan.
Speakers for this year’s event include:
- Dr. Thomas Connelly, ACS CEO and Executive Director
- Dr. Donna Nelson, 2016 ACS President
- Charles Brumlik, CME Chair
- George Rodriguez, CME Past Chair and Host,
The audience of 250 will consist of leaders from industry, Wall Street, academia, media and society at large.
Find more information about the awards here, or contact:
Charles Brumlik, PhD, JD
Chair, CME (Chemical Marketing & Economics) Group